ChickinStew

Monday, January 10, 2011

Boy, was I ever in a foul mood today!

This was the worst Monday, ever. First, I awoke out of a dream and into a stupor from the fourth 10-minute snooze. I sleepwalked through my morning routine, ate Cheerios in front of the tv, lingered too long, and somehow the old pug pooped on the floor when I wasn't looking. I didn't leave the house until quarter to nine, which is at least 15 minutes later than it takes to be punctual.

Then I get to work and of course I'm feeling the usual disgruntled hatred for all I survey. Then I open my computer, and it's slow going. I had trouble typing simple sentences, the letters kept getting all mixed up. I felt like I was moving through molasses until lunchtime, which gratefully saved me. I came back from lunch fortified and caffeined-up, my mood and work ethic much improved. I'm not one given to workaday cliches, but thank god for caffeine.

I managed to get some work done, but I called it quits on time today in order to put this awful day to rest, the day I should have called in sick, but didn't. Then my stomach starts hurting on the way home. I go to Zumba anyway, and turn white as a sheet by the end, feeling so queasy I thought I might vomit. My sister-in-law (and Zumba instructor) tells me it's probably from going too hard, too often--and then I realize she's right--I just did a high-intensity, one-hour Zumba class no less than four times in the last seven days, when previously I went once maybe twice a week, tops. Bingo.

Also, I need to get my haircut, badly. It’s gotten a little leggy since my last cut in October, and even though I’m trying to grow it out, it has gotten lifeless and thick, and when my hair is out of sorts, it tends to bring me down because it makes me think I’m sliding into the abyss and turning into a fat, ugly lesbian. Irrational, I know.

I basically felt like a fat, ugly lesbian, bereft of joy and all that is good in the world. Nuff said? I think so.

Tonight I will get more sleep and tomorrow, I will make a hair appointment, and then I will feel back on top of my game. Right?? 

It's time to slide under the covers and hope for a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment