ChickinStew

Monday, February 21, 2011

Livin' la vida housewife

Today is President's day, and I have the day off work, but my husband doesn't, so I've turned this day into a glorious, do-what-I-want day off for myself. I cleaned the house and pugs yesterday, so I can afford to be lazy today. I started off by sleeping in till 8:30, then went to an exercise class at 9:30 this morning, did a little sweaty grocery shopping for the meal I will prepare later (salmon, rice, veggies), shoveled a little show, took a hot shower, then snuggled up on the couch with the pugs to finish up season 6 of 'Desperate Housewives' on Netflix. Soon, I will prepare a snack, watch a little Oprah, start dinner. My husband will come home, and we'll eat and chat, and then I'll go off to my second exercise class at 7:30, then home for a hot bath, and to bed.

Is this how housewives live? I cannot imagine having all of this time to myself! I don't even have kids, yet I feel guilty somehow, it's an embarrassment of riches. The least I can do is prepare a nice dinner for my poor husband, who had to work today. I feel very lucky and happy that I have a nice warm house, clean pugs in my lap, and the internet to bring me shows to waste my time with.  Oh, and a job that gave me today off with pay.

Maybe those housewives on that popular tv show would have been a bit less desperate if they had stayed in and watched tv more, instead of getting involved in each other's business all the time. That show is beyond ridiculous, and I know that the housewives who do the things they do and look the way they look while doing them are few and far between. Laziness is the key to staying out of trouble! In fact, I may go and take a little nap soon...feeling sleepy from my busy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment