ChickinStew

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Last post at 34

It's a quarter to midnight on the eve of my birthday, so I thought I would drop a few thoughts into the universe before I go to bed.

Today was the official announcement of my promotion--a week to the day after I was informed of it. Needless to say, it feels much different now that it is public knowledge! I am relieved to have that over with. I got tons of 'congrats' emails from random and various people throughout the company, some I don't even know, but who I'm sure I will be working with at some point in the future.

It's been weird, it kind of feels like I'm watching this happen to someone else, it doesn't feel quite real. But I'm sure it will feel all too real next week when I officially start. I already know what my first tasks will be right out of the gate, some daunting, some not so daunting. All in all, it's good, but weird.

Things are always weird at moments of transition, I realize this, but I welcome it. I am ready for it.

So on the eve of my 35th birthday, I get a promotion, and am able to fit into a dress that I couldn't fit into 6 months ago, because now I'm in the best shape of my life. How did I spend this night? Eating pizza, drinking wine, and watching episodes of Doctor Who. Yes, underwhelming, but isn't that life? At the end of the day, life goes on as before, on some levels, because it must.

No comments:

Post a Comment