ChickinStew

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Tired but Thankful Thursday

I stupidly went to two high-impact cardio classes tonight, and now everything is blurry, I'm so tired. Good news is I was able to complete the second one--sure it may have felt a tad like torture towards the end there, but I DID IT.

Now there's a bowl of mini-eggs and a glass of red wine within reach of my hand, and my feet up next to two sweetly sleeping pugs.  Last night I finished booking our London excursions, and just tonight I found the $100 that my father-in-law hid inside a fold-out map in one of the London guides they got us for Christmas.

Oh yeah, and on Tuesday I found out that I got the promotion I've been seeking for a couple of years now. And today the sun was out for the first time in weeks and it got up to 50 degrees.

Awesome weeks like this don't happen often, so I'm trying to enjoy it while it lasts.. Tomorrow the announcement about my promotion is supposed to go out to everyone, so I can stop keeping the secret.

This weekend kicks off my week-long birthday celebration.  My husband is taking me to dinner on Saturday and then out dancing, then we are going to his parents the next day for strawberry-rhubarb pie (my request) and gifts. Wednesday (my birthday) I took the day off, and plan to sleep in, go shopping, and hit two exercises classes in the afternoon (again). And then next weekend, I'm having a few friends over for a party.

I couldn't think of a better way to ring out my 35th year.

No comments:

Post a Comment